Personal data processing policy
This personal data processing policy ("Policy") explains how we handle any personal data that we collect from you or that we have obtained about you from a third party and the purposes for which we process the data. It also indicates your rights regarding the processing of your personal data. This policy will inform you of the nature of your personal data processed by us and how you can request the deletion, updating, transfer and / or provision of access to it. In this policy, we use the term "processing" to cover all activities involving your personal data, including the collection, handling, storage, sharing, access, use, transfer and disposal of data.
Who we are
Balcan HR Consulting S.R.L. is a legal entity of Romanian nationality, having its registered office in Bucharest, Sector 4, Șoseaua Olteniței no. 239, 241-251 (hereinafter referred to as “Balcan”, “the company” or “us”). As we process personal data about you through your CV, professional platforms (eg Ejobs, Bestjobs, Hipo, Linkedin), electronic mail (e-mail) and social media, we have the status of data controller, according to the legislation on Data Protection and Regulation (EU) 679/2016 (“GDPR”).
According to Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR), through the following terms we can define:
- Personal data: Any information relating to a natural person (data subject) identified or identifiable directly or indirectly (by reference to an identifier).
- Data subject: The natural person whose personal data are processed.
- Processing: Any operation or set of operations performed on personal data, with or without the use of automated means.
- Operator: The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or together with others, sets out the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Authorized person by power of attorney: Natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- Consent: Any manifestation of the free, specific, informed and unambiguous expression of the data subject by which he or she accepts, by an unequivocal statement or action, that the personal data concerning him or her can be processed.
Processed personal data
When you send us your CV or express your interest in collaborating with us, you provide us with certain personal data related to you, your skills, your educational and professional background. We need this information to be able to contact you, to be able to evaluate you for employment or to be able to offer you consulting services. Categories of data processed and the basis for their processing:
- Contact details (last name, first name, email address, phone number, photo);
- History of studies and work experience;
- Skills, hobbies, abilities.
We process this data on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing human resources consulting services as well as on the basis of your consent for its processing.
The origin of data
This data is provided directly by you in the following ways:
- CV sent through recruitment platforms (Ejobs, Bestjobs, Hipo, etc.), e-mail, or directly at our company's headquarters;
- Data provided during job interviews, one-on-one discussions.
Data necessity and consequences of not providing it
We believe that we need this data so that we can make informed decisions about the services we provide. If you do not want to provide this data, we will not be able to consider you for our services.
Transfer to third parties, countries and measures of security
We reserve the right to transmit this personal data to our clients - employers, in order to identify and obtain a job corresponding to the candidate's profile. Also, the online platforms (social media/ recruitment platforms through which we contact you or contact us: Linkedin, Bestjobs, Ejobs, Hipo, Facebook, etc.) that we use for the hiring process may have access to your personal data which you provide. We will not transmit this data to other countries or international organizations without your consent.
To reduce the risk of security incidents, we have implemented security measures such as:
- control of access to the physical space of our headquarters;
- securing electronic access by: implementing strong passwords policies, training and data protection certifications for employees, confidentiality obligations imposed on employees, limiting access to personal data;
Following your consent, we will retain your personal data for a period of 24 months for the purpose of business evaluations and subsequent contact regarding future job offers and collaborations.
According to the provisions of the GDPR, all data subjects have the following rights:
- The right to access data. You have the right to access personal data in order to verify the legality of the processing or to find out what personal data are being processed for you. You can also request to receive this data.
- The right to rectification. If we process your personal data and it is inaccurate, you can request its rectification.
- The right to erase the data or the "right to be forgotten". You may request the deletion of personal data belonging to you, and we are required to comply with this request in the event that such data is not necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we process your personal data, if you withdraw your consent on which it is based, or if there is no other legal basis for their processing.
- The right to restrict processing. You can request a restriction on the processing of personal data. In this case, we will not delete your personal data, but we will stop processing it.
- The right to data portability. Individuals have the option of transferring their personal data from one operator to another or requesting it for their own use.
- The right of opposition. You may object to the processing of personal data for purposes such as direct marketing or other purposes based on the legitimate interest of the controller.
- The right to file a complaint. You can file a complaint regarding the way of processing personal data at the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing;
In addition to these rights, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where applicable. To exercise the rights listed above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.